4.12.09

Today Is Friday!

Which is true. And I have NO HOMEWORK (for once)! I am so thrilled about that! Well, I do have to work on a project a little. We had to pick an African country to do research on. I picked Sao Tome and Principe because I thought that I was the only one who would want to. When I informed my teacher of my chosen country, she said, "Oh, good." I asked her why. She said that it was an interesting country, but no one ever picked it. I guess I was right. We went downstairs to the school library to do research, and I found NOT ONE book with information about Sao Tome and Principe, except for an encyclopedia of African countries, which didn't have the information I needed. I wasn't so happy about that. But our school library is rather small, so there is hope yet at the public library. I ended up using a laptop and going to the CIA World Factbook to get information.
    I don't like Fridays. People wonder why. I have homeroom in the basement. Then, first period, I have Science on what is really the roof of our school--five floors above. We have three minutes to get there, less if our teacher is still talking to us when the bell rings. Which usually happens. After Science I have gym class. You'd think we wouldn't need it. However, I am OK with Friday afternoons simply because they are Friday afternoons.
    You know what are fun to read? Disclaimers. Ellie's lip balm has some funny ones: "Use under adult supervision. Not recommended for children under the age of 8." Even my cell phone manual has one: "This phone is not a toy." It goes on to say that cell phones emit small levels of radiation and allowing a child to use a phone can raise your phone bill. I find it amusing that cork grease does not have a disclaimer. It should. Cork grease is for putting on the parts of an instrument that fit together so that they do not get stuck. Cork grease looks extremely like chapstick, but it smells rather different. Instead of saying "CORK GREASE" in miniscule type, it should say "THIS IS NOT CHAPSTICK" in very large letters. I personally have never made this mistake, but it is an easy one to make. If you play an instrument, don't leave your cork grease lying around!

4 comments:

  1. We also have to do the rest of the science worksheet and read Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who used trumpet grease as EYE DROPS!!!!!!! NO KIDDING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I did that already. So technically, I don't. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean, I did the homework. Not the trumpet grease thing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.