27.12.09

Merry Christmas!

I hope everybody had a great Christmas! We went to both of our church's Christmas Eve services. They were fun, but pretty late. I played oboe at one.
    It rained on Christmas. It melted all the snow, which was sad. We haven't had a white christmas in SO LONG! At least there's no more gray slush.
    I was listening to NPR (National Public Radio) this morning, and they were talking about how, ten years ago, at the end of a milennium, people were worried that elevators would stop, computers would shut off, and all sorts of terrrible things would happen...but didn't. People were worried because most computers are based on a thousand-year system, so if the thousand years (year zero to 1999) ended, then so would the computer. But nothing extremely catastrophic happened.
    Zola loves to unwrap gifts. Right now she is walking around our tree, saying, "Presents? More presents?" She just got a large brown bag and put it on the coffee table in front of me.
    "What's in there?" I asked her.
    "I don't know." she told me. I looked inside. More brown bags, neatly folded.
    Merry Christmas to everybody!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.