By the way, I doubt anyone's noticed, but I've been drawing on the back of scratch paper. Days 1 and 2 were on bits of screenplay. This one's on a receipt from the library... which was on top of a bit of screenplay when I photographed it.
Also, though I support using public transportation, SEPTA has a very frustrating website. I was trying to find out where I can purchase a weekly TransPass. It was easy enough to click on "Fares," then "Passes," but then I was informed that all TransPasses are sold on shop.septa.org... except weekly ones. After digging through oodles of pages on passes and how and when they're valid, I lost patience and searched buy weekly transpasses--which immediately got me to the right page. It was one of those frustrating things that makes you go "uuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhh. I can't believe I just wasted so much time on that!"
I also stumbled across SEPTA's new Passenger Etiquette Policy. It didn't say much. My favorite bit:
Every effort is made to ensure that service operates according to schedule, but that's only part of the equation. We also believe that the 20-45 minutes you spend commuting on SEPTA should be relaxing and pleasant. We asked for your input through our website survey and gathered comments and suggestions from your Customer Service calls, letters, and e-mails to help us create a new SEPTA Passenger Etiquette Program.Basically, "We're sorry our buses and trains are late a lot of the time. We really try, you know, but sometimes it can't be helped. We hope you're comfortable, because otherwise you'll stop taking public transportation and we'll have to raise the fare rates again. You've sent us a lot of angry e-mails, and we do our best, so here's a couple changes we're making to appease you."

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.