23.10.09

Zola's Obsession: The Wizard of Oz


This is a picture of Zola's birthday cake. We ate most of it last Friday. She is obsessed with the Wizard of Oz. Mom made this AMAZING sheet cake. Zola got the original soundtrack (including the deleted scene The Jitterbug) and has been listening to it basically nonstop. She also got a Wizard of Oz birthday card. Her favorite character is the Cowardly Lion. She even sings along to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and she really knows the words. If you have ever seen the movie, you probably noticed that Toto wasn't on the cake. We didn't, at least not until we were almost ready to sing happy birthday. In fact, the CD is playing as I speak (or rather, as I type). It's on the song "Ding! dong! the Witch is Dead!" You know those edible sparkles that people put on cakes? Well, Grace thinks that they are disgusting, and refused to eat a piece of cake with the Emerald City on it. I got the bottom left corner with the poppies and the yellow brick road. I didn't complain, because it was iced on three sides. Most icing is disgusting, but not Mom's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.