20.10.09

I Am Not An Alto

This is an official announcement that I am no longer an alto in the Masterman Middle School Choir! I have been moved to the tenor section! Kate is my tenor buddy, and we are becoming very good at hiding behind eighth-grade boys.
    On a completely unrelated note, yes, Ellie; I did use pen. I also noticed that a bass clef kind of looks like a backwards, messed-up frowny face. I also learned that in the equation 4+x=13, you can subtract 4 from both sides of the equation to get x=9. We did things like this for 58 minutes, from 1:23 to 2:21. Even after it was very clear to the teacher that we understood it. In Geometry, which was right after Algebra, I constructed a scalene triangle with an angle of 22.5 degrees, a side of 2'', a side of 2.5'', and a side of 5'' using only a compass and a ruler. We did this from 2:21 to 3:19. Most of our classes were like this, except for World Geography, where we bought raisins and dollhouse furniture from each other to simulate world trade. (It was fun.)
   On a concluding note, I would like to say that raisins are disgusting. I mean, would you eat a shriveled, dried-out strawberry or an orange that had been sitting in the sun for too long? No. So why do people do this to grapes and plums?

3 comments:

  1. I love raisins and most other dried fruits. I would try a strawberry or orange, but there must be a reason they're not normally dried. Dried apricots are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried a dried apricot. Raisins are actually okay sometimes, but when other people in your class have touched them, they are not so appetizing. And I don't know about the inside of an orange, but I know the skin is very shriveled when it has been in an oboe case overnight, because they helped fix my oboe once. So compared to old, shriveled orange peel, raisins really are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a STRAIGHTEDGE, Emma! Not a ruler! Mr. Shutt will be soooo mad at you... Why do we need to know how to do that anyway? If you know you're going to need a protractor, you bring a protractor. Same for rulers. Right? Why would you be in a situation where you have a straightedge and a compass rather that a ruler and a protractor. "Sorry Mr. Neights, I grabbed my straightedge and compass instead of my protractor and ruler. I can still do this though... I think"

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.