...because of parent-teacher conferences. Every period was exactly twenty-seven minutes long. Which was interesting, because "lunchtime" was at 9:50. Or somewhere around then.
I joined the Model UN, which was actually pretty interesting. I'm still not sure what exactly it is, since the first meeting was last week. We learned the official languages of the UN, which are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish, and I think there's another one.
In case I forget to post this on Wednesday, Wednesday is Kate's 1/2 birthday! In fact, today is my 1/3 birthday- I am eleven and one third of a year old. I won't tell you how old Kate will be, but she can if she wants.
We had the Science benchmark test today. For those of you who live outside of the School District of Philadelphia (you lucky people), benchmarks are standardized, fill-in-the-bubble-type tests, that are given to the students every six weeks or so. (They aren't nearly as bad as the PSSAs, though. I'm not even sure what PSSA stands for. Probably Pennsylvania System of something. Student Assessment, maybe?) But we were lucky. Mr Wright, our science teacher, hadn't told us that benchmarks were coming. However, on Friday, he did ask us questions from last year's benchmarks. Many of which were on today's. So if a teacher writes a question on the board (or a Powerpoint slide) and asks people to answer it, they might be doing you a favor.
I'm 12!!!!!!!! and a half! I'm in model un!!!! YAY!
ReplyDelete