27.11.09

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!

A little late, I guess. But you can't really have excpected me to post on a national holiday, did you? I had a fun Thanksgiving. B101 (a radio station, for you who aren't from Philly or near it) is playing Christmas music already. In fact, it was playing Christmas music on November first (according to Ellie). We were watching all the commercials to see which stores opened the earliest (midnight).
    We went to see "Fantastic Mr. Fox" today. It wasn't bad. It wasn't exactly like the book, either, but I haven't read the book in a long time. We got there WAY too early and had to endure about thirty-five minutes of commercials. SO MANY COMMERCIALS! We heard this one commercial on the radio that was like, "It's time to buy more furniture! Luckily, So-and-So Furniture is here to help!" Doesn't it make you want to SCREAM? Or use capital letters.
    Why are there so many football games on Thanksgiving? I'm not even sure how many there were. Okay, so maybe "so many" is an exaggeration. But still! Wouldn't you rather watch "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"? Luckily that was on the same time as one of the football games, so that's one we didn't have to watch. Sometimes football is actually a little bit fun to watch, but two games in a row is just too much.
    For our family Thanksgiving, I baked pumpkin cookies with (you guessed it) canned pumpkin. It was really fun, with the exception of the FRUIT FLIES. See, earlier, Mom had made the mistake of opening our compost bin INSIDE the house. Little did she know that fruit flies were breeding in it. So now we have fruit flies everywhere. They really love canned pumpkin. I ended up covering the batter with aluminum foil. Luckily none got in.
    I hope everybody had a great, fruit-fly-free holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.