This isn't a joke. Today was Reed Day at The College of New Jersey. There were reed making seminars for oboe, saxophone, clarinet, and bassoon. It was more oriented toward people who already know how to make reeds. Which does not include me. Well, I guess now it does, but I didn't actually expect any of the oboe reeds that I made to make a noise. Which they didn't, but I only made two.
Ellie's grandmother's friend plays the oboe. I learned that today. I was wearing a T-shirt that said "MASTERMAN", and she asked me if I went to Masterman and knew an Ellie. I told her I did. She said, "I'm a good friend of her grandmother's."
The most surprising thing was that I actually managed to not cut myself accidentally with a reed knife. Which I was, understandably, happy about.
They didn't make noise? And I never knew one could make sax reeds.
ReplyDelete