I got home around 3:50 today, which was lovely, and Grace and Dad left, and I made some tea. I was sitting at the table, drinking the aforementioned tea, when it started to shake. It was like that scene in Jurassic Park where it's very tense (and you know the dinosaur is going to show up very soon) and suddenly the glass of water starts to shake. Except it was my tea shaking, then the windows, then (a tiny bit) the dining room table. I was like, Is there a helicopter or another earthquake or something? and ran to the door to see.
It was not a helicopter or an earthquake or a dinosaur.
It was a steamroller.
There was a small steamroller going down my driveway!
And that was it. I hate to be anticlimactic, but nothing came of it. The guy on the steamroller drove away and I went back to my tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.