10.9.12

And so concludes the first of many thrilling days.

Today was the second day of school. Hardly a momentous occasion, but it's the first day we started doing real work. Whoopee. I learned in Chemistry the definition of chemistry, in precalc that graphs are really fun, and in African American history some tidbits about Frederick Douglass. Presumably more information is forthcoming in other classes.
I mean, not to say that school is pointless, or anything. It's just hard getting used to new classes and schedules and teachers and things like that. Anyway, I was practically dehydrated, having forgotten a water bottle, and it's really hard to learn when you're thirsty.

One thing that I know I have thought,
A thought others likely have got:
The first week of school 
Is opposite cool--
It's really just terribly hot.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, okay, that's all normal - I wanted to see what you had to say about the youth orchestra tryouts! Congrats on that piece of news. Should off set the boredom of first week of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boredom - sometimes says as much about the boree as the borer. Fortunate is the one who can ferret meaning from a supposed meaningless situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the auditions went well!
    And ugh masterman heat is the absolute worst D:

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.