4.5.10
I Do Not Know How I Could Have Forgotten About This...
...but I got a solo in All-City! It's actually a pretty famous song called "Bacchanale," which is apparently known for its oboe solos. Unfortunately, it is an abridged version. So I only get one solo. But I'm not complaining. If anyone wants to come to the All-City concert, it is next 7 p.m. Thursday (May 13) at Samuel Fels High School. I don't know how this is possible, but we have had a total of two rehearsals and the songs actually sound pretty good. In addition to "Bacchanale", we are playing "Pulsation", "Our Kingsland Spring" (which is apparently the first movement of "Georgian Suite"), "A Little Salsa Music", and something that, for some odd reason, is called "Horkstow Grange." For the finale, with the Philadelphia All-City Middle School String Orchestra, we are playing the can-can. Also known as "Orpheus in the Underworld." I don't know why.
Labels:
Oboe Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.