Once again, it's October.
I do not like October.
I'm not sure why.
Perhaps it's the indecisive weather. It's not quite cold enough for a coat or jacket, and just a bit too cold for a T-shirt. It rains occasionally, but when it rains, it's not the precipitation that's nearly mist or fog. It isn't the summery torrential deluges of July and August. No. It's cold. And wet. Now rain, by definition, is wet, but it can be wet without being October-wet. Damp is acceptable. Foggy is acceptable. Soaked through is acceptable. Even lightning-and-thunder-spooked is acceptable. But October-wet is awful.
Perhaps it's the slugs. I do not like slugs. I really do not like slugs on dried leaves. I really, really do not like to step on slugs. But every year they come, or perhaps 'encroach' would be a better word than 'come.'
Perhaps it's the mood. That might be it. December is to Christmas spirit as October is to gloom. And October definitely has no Christmas spirit. It doesn't even have a Halloween spirit, because, let's face it, nobody gets excited about distributing candy to a lot of people in costumes. It's even a little weird. No, October is colder than September, but is also darker than September. It is too cold and too dark.
November's even worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.