25.6.10

Today Is Friday! (which I care less about now that school is out)

I know I haven't posted often lately. But I should be posting more now that school is over (YAY!). Also, nobody comments anymore (not since April 8th. You can check on the sidebar on the left).
I am teaching Zola geography by showing her the countries on the globe. Her favorite places are Yemen (which she calls "lemon" because it sort of rhymes), Madagascar (because she loves that movie), Russia (because it's big) and China (because it's bumpy. We have one of those globes that shows mountains).
If you look through the history of the blog posts, you will most likely see a post entitled "Cheese" in which I wonder about the origin of the word "cheese" (hence the title). Apparently it comes from the Latin "caesus", and the Middle English word "chese" and Old English "ciese" and "cese". National Cheese Day is June 4, and National Cheese Ball Day is April 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.